Summer is amazing right? Everything just feels so vibrant and full of life. I love going to the farmer’s market during the summer because it is just so full and exciting. Each stall is packed with fresh fruits and veggies, it’s hard to not be impressed. I decided to make a dish from items found entirely at the farmer’s market and came up with these delicious Zucchini Ribbons with Basil Pesto.
Since it’s been so darn hot out, most of my meals have been lighter and have had a lot of vegetables. It just feels better to eat cleaner when it gets super hot and muggy out. Also since I got this at the farmer’s market, it cost very little to make. Which is great because Tai and I are saving up for some larger expenses and have been trying to keep costs down. But even while saving, we can still eat healthy and have a great meal 🙂
I’m itching to go on vacation. We have nothing planned yet but hopefully sometime this month or next we can at least get away for a long weekend. We need a break from the city. It’s too hot out and there are too many people. We love NYC but sometimes we just need a break. And I’m really missing Maine and New England this time of year!
So enjoy the rest of your summer! Because before we know it, it will be fall again!!!
Zucchini Ribbons with Basil Pesto
Zucchini Ribbons with Basil Pesto is a great summer treat. Easy to make and oh so refreshing, you will love this vegetable dish!
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- For Pesto:
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Slice zucchini into ribbons (or use a mandolin).
- Roast corn on grill or wrapped in foil in oven. Slice kernels off of ear and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic and zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini begins to soften. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For pesto:
- Combine basil, garlic, walnuts and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in cheese.
- Toss zucchini with pesto mix and serve immediately. Enjoy!