Vanilla Chai Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie! Easy to make and easily impressive!
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE COOKIES?!? I have? Oh well I’m going to talk about it again because I literally can’t even. My latest creation are my Vanilla Chai Cookies and I think they set a record for how quickly they were eaten. Normally I bring cookies into work and they are gone by the end of the day. But these were gone in about 30 minutes and came with a stampede of people coming to my desk to try them. Maybe I want to feel popular but it feels awesome for my ego to have that many people telling me how amazing my cookies are (ok, it’s totally ego based).
The past couple of years I’ve participated in a few cookie swaps and I’m always looking for new cookies to add to my repertoire for these swaps. It’s something along the lines of I have to one-up myself every year. And with each passing year the cookies become better and better. I started with classic cookies, like chocolate chip and peanut butter. Now I love frankensteining my own cookie creations because sometimes I get great outcomes. Though don’t worry, there are a lot of fails too. (Meringues will be the death of me!)
One of the things I really like about using chai spices is that it’s so versatile. I loved these cookies but I can’t help thinking about how I could make an awesome chai spice cake, bread or cupcake. Food for thought, but you’ll probably be seeing some more chai flavored sweets on the blog in the near future.
What are your favorite cookies? Do you have a go to recipe for the holidays/ Let me know in the comments section below!
Vanilla Chai Cookies
Vanilla Chai Cookies are the best with a cup of joe or milk!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp Allspice
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Ground Black Pepper (Yup that's right!)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Sparkling Sugar/Colored Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silicon baking mat.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, pepper and salt.
- Mix in egg until fully blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda. In small batches stir flour into the wet mixture.
- Shape dough into quarter sized balls and roll in sparkling sugar. Place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges have set. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack. Enjoy!