The part of moving that people don’t tell you about is how stressful it can be after the actual move. Since July it’s been go, go, go and we’ve been finding ourselves ordering in for dinner or having frozen meals to help compensate for our business. Thankfully we live down the street from a Target and been able to make easy, quick, health conscious meals with truRoots Quinoa. This recipe for Tomato and Quinoa Stuffed Squash is easy and will have dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
I love shopping at Target because of the convenience of having it right there and lately I’ve been finding a wider variety of organic and good for you brands like TruRoots. That’s very important to me because I like having a variety of food that is easy to find and at a decent price.
Fall is the perfect time to experiment with squash recipes! The texture of squash and quinoa is surprisingly good and I really liked having a flavorful red sauce mixed in with the quinoa. And of course a little grated parmesan on top is an added plus. Tai has been trying to eliminate added sugar from his diet and with meals like this, he won’t miss it!
This meal is ready in about 30 minutes. Squash is easy to prepare and quinoa cooks quick too! It’s one of those meals that you can set up, walk away for a bit and then come back to finish right before serving. Those are my favorite types of meals to throw together, easy delicious and quick!
If you’re interested in learning more about truRoots, be sure to check them out HERE.
Tomato and Quinoa Stuffed Squash
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 16 Oz Diced Tomatoes Canned
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Split squash in half, remove seeds then drizzle with vegetable oil. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20 min.
- While squash is cooking, prepare quinoa by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil, adding 1/2 a cup of quinoa, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- After quinoa has cooked, stir in tomatoes and seasonings.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into the acorn squash, then enjoy!