I realize how long overdue I am to add a dessert or something sweet to this blog, but today is the day. To be honest, i’m not a huge baker. I’m good at baking, but I hate the fact that I’ll end up eating the whole tray of brownies or batch of cookies by myself while cooking. It’s just so good. I can’t resist. But after some nudging from Tai, I caved and made several batches of the BEST Blueberry Scones. But this time instead of keeping them all to ourselves, I made Tai bring in the bulk of them to work. There! They aren’t in the house anymore, therefore I can’t eat everything in sight!!!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Grated Butter
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat Oven to 400 Begin by combining the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl
- Freeze your butter beforehand and use a grater to shave the butter
- Incorporate the frozen butter into the dry mixture with a dough blender
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, vanilla and cream and stir until completely mixed
- Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients bowl and then stir in the wet ingredients. Make sure to stir until the mixture looks like loose crumbs and be careful not to break any of the berries.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and spoon the dough onto it. Separate into two equal sections.
- Press the dough into a circle and use a knife to cut into triangles
- Pull apart the triangles and place the baking sheet into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After the scones are cooked put on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, combine the confectioner's sugar, milk and lemon in a small bowl. Spoon over the scones and let it harden. Now time to enjoy those scones!