It’s that time of year where back to school commercials air, the hottest days of summer are behind us and we notice the days are starting to get shorter. Yes it’s still summer, but we know fall is ready to spring upon us soon. This time of year has my favorite produce coming fully into season; corn and tomatoes. I worked on a farm when I was a teenager and I remember the craze of tomato and corn season come on. It’s an exciting and busy time for growers and a delicious time for foodies.
I was beyond excited last week when I received a package from Epicurean Butter with SO many delicious samples of their compound butters. I cannot begin to describe how thankful and excited I am. The first night after receiving those samples, I knew I had to combine great in-season produce with the flavour of a specialty butter. Hello Summertime Linguine.
I used Epicurean Butter’s Chipotle Tomato butter to give a spicy note to the pasta dish and to help balance the sweetness of the onions, corn and grape tomatoes. And you know what? It was delicious. Tai (who is not too fond of tomatoes) went back for seconds and has already asked when I’m making this dish again. Well…I still have some butter left over 😉
- 1/2 Box Linguine
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Cup Corn Either canned or fresh
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Chipotle Butter
- 1 Clove garlic
- olive oil
- Basil (Optional)
- Dice the onion, slice the grape tomatoes, open and drain the corn, and grate the garlic using a microplane. Set prepped vegetables aside.
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water. Make sure to season the water with salt and olive oil. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Starting with the diced onion, add each vegetable to a large frying pan, giving a minute or two to cook before adding the next. Season with salt and pepper. Cook at medium-high until vegetables are almost cooked through.
- When pasta is finished, drain and add to vegetables. Reduce the heat to a low setting.
- Add Epicurean Butter's Chipotle Tomato Butter and stir the pasta until the butter has fully melted and coated the pasta. Top with basil and it's ready to serve. Enjoy!