Not much else can say “Summer is Coming” than fresh strawberries. They are perfect to eat on their own, but I can’t resist baking with them! I recently made these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes and they were not only delicious but gorgeous too! Another strawberry recipe is now in the books!
This year has been one of those fast paced years where I look at the calendar and wonder where did spring go? Not that I’m missing rainy days or black flies, but it felt like we went from winter to warm sunny summer days. Now that we’ve passed Memorial Day, and its signifier of oncoming summer, I’m wondering if summer will go by just as quickly and next thing I know It’ll be Fall then Winter all over again. I hope not! At least give me time to unpack all of my summer clothing!
Summer in the city is a bit different. The city comes to life in the summer! The farmer’s markets are full, the parks green, and everyone is outside from sun up to sun down. It’s when people sit on their stoops to get the evening air, when kids go to the park to cool off. And I haven’t seen this yet, but I’m hoping that getting sprayed by an open fire hydrant isn’t just an urban myth.
One of my favorite parts of summer is having fresh, ice cold lemonade. And me being the person I am, LOVES strawberry lemonade. I tried to get the flavor and fun from strawberry lemonade in these cupcakes, and I think they fit the bill! While they looks gorgeous, they are actually easy and quick to make. Which is perfect for when it is hot outside and when you don’t want to be standing in front of an oven all day.
If you need a delicious dessert for those sunny summer days, then look no further than my Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, they won’t disappoint!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 12 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Strawberries Pureed
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar until light and foamy. Gradually pour in melted butter and combine until creamy.
- Stir in flour mixture, then add in milk. Add lemon zest.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Cream together powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add pureed strawberries and beat until desired thickness.
- Stir in lemon zest. Pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes, then enjoy!
Like cupcakes? Be sure to try my Lemon Lavender Cupcakes HERE.