Have you ever gone out to a restaurant and ordered a spinach and artichoke dip? It’s THE BEST appetizer and is beyond good! It’s been a while since I’ve had that delicious app, so I decided to make a meal inspired by it but with my own twist! And the results? Amazing!!! I made a Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta Bake and it tasted just like my favorite dip!!
I mean, just look at that cheese! I have a feeling that any dish with copious amounts of cheese will automatically be good. But maybe that’s just me…Nah! Cheese is an instant success! Yup, that’s it. Done!
The other reason why I love this dish is that Tai ate artichokes and actually liked them! Woah! I LOVE artichokes in all forms but before this recipe he would refuse to eat them. Hehe looks like I’m irresistible…I mean my food is irresistible 😉
Hope you have a good week! We are excited for Friday because Tai’s dad is coming to visit for the first time. And ahhhhhh we have SO much planning to do! Where are we going to take him? Where are we going to eat? Should I cook?
We aren’t used to having visitors, so we are both super excited and a little nervous. But I’m sure all will go well 😀
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta Bake
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound of Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1 Can Quartered Artichokes
- 8 Oz Dry Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3 Cups Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large frying pan, add oil, garlic and spinach. Cook on medium heat until spinach has wilted and reduced. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add chicken. Cook on medium-high until chicken has browned and cooked through. Push chicken to edges of pan and add artichokes in the center. Simmer until browned, then remove chicken and artichokes from pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your choice of pasta. Cook until it is al dente. Then drain.
- In the pan with the chicken drippings, add flour and vegetable oil. Cook until mixture has browned then add chicken stock. Stir until fully combined. Add cheese and stir until fully melted.
- In a large baking dish (I used my 11X17 Pyrex dish) combine spinach, chicken, artichoke, pasta and cheese. Stir until mixed through and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling in the center. Remove and let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!