Once again I found myself at the Union Square Greenmarket and stumbled upon these gorgeous heirloom carrots from one of my favorite vendors. When i bought them, I had no idea how I should prepare them, so when I got home I experimented with a few different seasonings and flavors. And omg, it was a success. Spicy Glazed Carrots are a new favorite in this apartment! It was successful to the point that Tai went and got seconds, and then just finished the whole tray. That NEVER happens with vegetables! I think one of the reasons we devoured them was that these heirloom (particularly the purple carrots) had a very intense flavor and were very sweet. If you can find heirloom at a farm or coop near you, that’s awesome! But if not don’t worry, this recipe will work great with regular carrots too!
Spicy Glazed Carrots
Spicy Glazed Carrots are a great side dish or great mixed into a salad. Very easy to make and soooo delicious! Try with heirloom carrots for a sweeter taste
- 6 Carrots
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground Chili Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel carrots and cut into medallions
- In a large mixing bowl combine carrots with honey, sesame seeds, chili powder, salt, pepper and oil. Stir until all of the carrots are evenly coated.
- Spread carrots onto a baking sheet, taking care to disperse them evenly.
- Put the carrots into the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Flip the carrots and roast for the remaining 10 minutes