There’s something about hot summer days that make me crave Mexican food. Maybe I need my food to be as hot as it is outside, but the spicer it is, the better it tastes. I had been craving some sort of Mexican food all week and couldn’t wait to start experimenting this weekend. And oh boy, was it not only a fun day of recipe testing, it was a super delicious one!
The secret ingredient to this recipe is the salt I used. And NO, not all salt is created equal. I Recently discovered this after I tried Real Salt. This natural salt is harvested from ancient deposits of pure salt in Utah. Not only is it one of the cleanest tasting salts I’ve tried, but Real Salt contains no additives or MSG, which is a huge bonus. They offer several flavor varieties that are organic too! Winning!
I know I’m making this meal in the middle of summer, but I just know that it will be great during the cold weather too. I mean, I’m trying to not think about how summer is almost over, but would it be so bad if I were hoping that this crazy heat wave was over? You know what salt is also great with? Margaritas…man, I should have thought of that earlier!
Here’s to a great rest of the summer, and great food to go along with it!
Spicy Fiesta Chicken with Queso Sauce
Spicy Fiesta Chicken with Queso Sauce is a great Mexican dish made with Redmond Real Salt. Enjoy the BEST queso sauce ever!
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast
- 2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Chile Powder
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Tsp Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Chile Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 4-6 Cups Cooked Rice
- Season chicken with crushed red pepper flakes and chile powder. Place chicken in a large frying pan with oil. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per a side.
- Slice peppers and onion. Add to the skillet with the chicken. Season with garlic, Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables soften and chicken is cooked through.
- In a separate frying pan, melt butter on medium heat. Whisk in flour to create a roux. Cook mixture until it turns golden brown and has a slight nutty aroma. Transfer to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Mix in milk and bring to a simmer. Stir in cheese until it is completely melted. Mix in Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt, chile powder and paprika.
- Slice chicken and serve with vegetables over rice. Pour queso mixture over the chicken and enjoy!