I’m going to keep this post short, because there really isn’t much to it. I’ve been reading up on some roast chicken recipes and there are a plethora of them out there. Most can be separated into two categories: putting seasoning on top of the skin or stuffing the cavity. But what about putting something between the skin and the meat. Hello roasted garlic chicken.
The skin turned out extra crispy and the meat had this wonderful garlic flavor. It might not be a fully fledged recipe but it’s a very delicious start.
(also i’m SO sorry about the lack of pictures. I was experimenting and it was only after the chicken was done that I realized i should have been documenting it! oooops haha)
Make sure to check out and like my facebook page
Roasted Garlic Chicken
Roasted Garlic chicken with a twist! If you want flavor this is the recipe for you. This an uncommon variation of a very common dish. Try it out and see!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup Slivered Garlic
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken on a clean work surface, remove the giblets and pat the whole bird dry with paper towels.
- Sliver several cloves of garlic (i used lots of garlic), and insert underneath the chicken skin by creating a small incision in the skin. I placed them all over the chicken to get an even distribution of flavor.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken. Aggressively season the skin with salt and pepper, making sure to get an even distribution.
- Place in the oven uncovered and cook for 15 Minutes. After 15 Minutes reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and cook for 60 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.