With fall officially here I’m ready to eat everything pumpkin spice, curl up on the couch with a good book, and enjoy the cold weather. Well except now that I’m in California it’s been a sunny 70 degrees every day and the leaves don’t change color in the same vibrant way they do in New England. But no matter what, fall is fall. And the best part will always be the food. I made these delicious Puff Pastry Pumpkin Bites using Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets and they make to perfect quick dessert!
Puff Pastry is one of the kitchen hacks that I love using. It takes a complicated and temperamental dough and makes baking with it easy. I like using Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry because of how flaky the pastry is once baked. There Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie Bites are light and airy with the perfect sized dollop of Pumpkin filling. I think we all know someone who LOVES pumpkin and who would enjoy these!
The other part of Fall that I like is that It’s a great season for entertaining. In Summer the weather can be too hot and everyone has vacations. Fall is the perfect in between season where it’s still a bit warm but perfect for meeting up with others. And these Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie Bites are the perfect easy treat for entertaining. They are done within 40 minutes!
Puff Pastry is very easy and versatile to use in cooking. For this recipe I let it thaw on the counter for about 30 minutes, rolled out the sheet a bit and then it was ready to go! It was as easy as that! So if you want a flaky, delicious dough, Puff Pastry is a good bet 😀
Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 8 OZ Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Thaw puff pastry sheets for 30 Minutes.
Preheat oven to 400
- Roll out puff pastry sheets so that they are almost see through. Divide into 4 strips lengthwise.
- Combine canned pumpkin, sugar, eggs, corn starch and pumpkin spice.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into small drops on the puff pastry about 1 1/2 inches apart on half of the puff pastry strips.
- Brush the remaining puff pastry strips with milk and then place milk side down over the strips with the pumpkin mixture. Press pastry together around the pumpkin pie mixture. Cut apart, the crimp edges with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!