Time and time again I struggle to make a boring cut of meat new and exciting. I try to buy the cheapest cuts of meat because living in Brooklyn isn’t cheap and outside of blogging, meals tend to be on the cheap, quick and easy. I swear I don’t live an extravagant life, but I do like to eat really delicious food. And I also like a challenge. And when a challenge is a success, you bet ya I’m sharing it on here! That exactly what happened when I bought a simple pork tenderloin last week and turned it into a delicious Pistachio Crusted Baked Pork Tenderloin meal.
I love pistachios but have never really tried baking or cooking with them. But there they were, sitting out on my counter just tempting me to cook with them. After pulsing them in a blender a bit and mixing in some seasonings, it was a delicious mix ready to go. I pressed it on top of the tenderloin, baked it in the oven and pulled out a delicious dinner a little while later. It was as easy as that! A restaurant style dish made in the comfort (and price) of home.
I like cooking with pork because it can be prepared so many different ways. I like versatility and the option to improvise when cooking. Want savory? Go pistachio. Want sweet? Try apples or stone fruit. There are just so many possibilities!!
I like how the pistachio formed a crisp crust while being baked. I baked it at an average oven temperature and then finished it off in the broiler to get that extra crispy top layer. It’s not hard, it’s not technical, but it is delicious.
So if you’re looking for an easy, low fuss meal that will still impress, this Pistachio Crusted Baked Pork Tenderloin recipe is for you!
Pistachio Crusted Baked Pork Tenderloin
- 5 Pound Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Raw Pistachios
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse until pistachios are coarsely chopped. Mix in olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper and honey.
- Place pork tenderloin on oven safe sheet pan or in an oven proof dish. Spread and press pistachio mixture onto the top of the pork tenderloin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135.
- Turn the broiler on high and cook for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, slice and then serve. Enjoy!
Like cooking with pork> Make sure to check out some of my other recipes, like this one HERE