It may be back to school time for many, but I’m finally done with school. I’ve been done for a few years but it still feels good to say it out loud. But even though I’m done, each passing September, I become a bit nostalgic for those “good ‘ol days.” The days when your world revolved around recess, you had a class pet and you brought a packed lunch made by your mom to school everyday. My lunch of choice? A PBJ sandwich (I was picky eater to say the least). So given my nostalgia, I decided to make an adult version of my favorite PBJ lunch, a Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumble Bars!
These bars have the texture of a peanut butter cookie bar but with the most irresistible topping. I love streusel topping and this one is amazing with the addition of rolled oats. And the jelly in this!?! Well it bakes into the peanut butter bar a bit but leaves the sweetest glazed top. Seriously, the topping was my favorite part!
I made these bars with Peter Pan’s newest peanut butter creation, Peter Pan Simply Ground. This is like the perfect hybrid between creamy and crunchy peanut butters. It has the same texture as a freshly ground nut butter but without the separation or need to stir. It’s also free of artificial coloring, preservatives, and artificial flavoring. Peanut butter is amazing on its own, so I’m happy to finally see a large brand remove those from a product.
What do you miss about school? Anyone else a PBJ lover? Trust me, this recipe will bring you right back to those glory days!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumble Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 18 Oz Jar Seedless Strawberry Jelly
- For Streusel:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until completely mixed and creamy.
- Add eggs and mixed until combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir together until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Spoon jelly on top of batter, making sure to evenly spread it across the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl prepare the streusel. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, oats and butter until clumps begin to form. Sprinkle over the peanut butter batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan, then slice and serve. Enjoy!
**** I received products in exchange for this review. All opinions and comments are my own. All recipes are my own.****