My work schedule has been crazy recently and I’ve been relying on quick healthy dinners to get us through this busy time. This recipe came about as a “what do i have in my refrigerator?” type recipe. But hey it worked, it worked extremely well! Pasta shells with asparagus is so simple and basic, that it’s hard to wrong or to not enjoy. So the next time you are having a hectic day or night, just remember that most vegetables + pasta = a very quick and delicious meal!
Like my blog? Have a suggestion? Drop a comment below or reach out to me on Facebook.
Pasta Shells with Asparagus
- 1 Box Pasta Shells
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 1 Cup Sliced Shallots
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- olive oil
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken (optional)
- Begin by removing the bottoms of the asparagus, about 2 inches. This section is more fibrous and won't break down while cooking. Cut asparagus into 2 inch sections and place into a skillet.
- Peel and slice the shallots and place them in the skillet with the asparagus. Lightly coat in olive oil and salt and pepper generously. Begin to cook on a medium heat. Also at this time, begin to cook your pasta. I used shells, but feel free to use whatever type you wish!
- Once asparagus, shallots and pasta are done cooking, combine into one pan and re-season as necessary. I added in some leftover chicken, but feel free to skip this if you want. Top it off with some grated cheese and it's ready to serve. Enjoy!