You know what’s cute and delicious? Orange White Chocolate Cups! I mean just look at how cute and tiny they are. I love having a dessert to cap off a meal but lately we’ve been having heavy and filling desserts that leave us feeling a little too full (what can I say, our eyes are larger than or stomachs!). I loved making these because they are the perfect bite sized dessert and definitely didn’t leave us feeling too full.
These are made with a few simple ingredients and are easy to assemble. The filling is an orange curd which is great in a dessert but has so many other uses. Make it once and you can have it on toast, in a tart, or in shells like these. And the topping is a delicious white chocolate whipped topping. I’m not usually a white chocolate fan, but OMG I’ve never tried it with orange before and now I am a believer! Maybe I need to rethink my stance on white chocolate, or at least bake with it more often than I have been.
Easter is right around the corner and this is the perfect dessert for the holiday. There aren’t a lot of fruits in season, but citrus fruits are still fresh and in abundance. My family is very traditional with the desserts we have during the holidays, meaning we always stick to the same rotation of desserts year after year. But these little Orange White Chocolate Cups were so good maybe this year I’ll break the mold and bring something new! Anyone else have a family like that? Then you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Whatever your next holiday or if you want a light treat after a meal, these Orange White Chocolate Cups are the perfect dessert. Trust me, they are absolutely delicious! what are some of your favorite desserts? Let me know in the comments section below!
Orange White Chocolate Cups
- 1 (1.9 Oz) Package Frozen Phyllo Cups
- 1 Tsp Orange Rind
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Oz White Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sparkling Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Grated Orange Peel
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake phyllo cups for 5-7 minutes or as per package instructions. Set aside and let cool.
- Combine 1 tsp orange rind, orange juice, lemon juice, cornstarch and egg yolks in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk continuously until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in butter until is melts and is incorporated. Remove from heat and place pan in a large bowl filled with cold water. Stir occasionally.
- Combine white chocolate and 2 tbsp of whipping cream and microwave until chocolate has melted and is smooth (this can also be done on a double boiler). Add the rest of the whipping cream and the sugar. Beat on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, fill a phyllo cup halfway with orange curd then top with a dollop of white chocolate whipped cream. To decorate, combine sparkling sugar and grated orange peel and sprinkle on top.
- Cups are best served right away or soon after assembly. Enjoy!