I’ll admit that we don’t eat a lot of seafood here in my apartment. Somebody *not me* is allergic to some types of shellfish so we usually err on the side of caution. BUT I LOVE seafood and sometimes I just have to have it (and don’t worry, I made Tai an equally fantastic meal sans shellfish 😉 )!
As a kid my family would go to our “other home” (read seasonal camper) in Maine every weekend. This meant going to the mecca of fresh seafood. I’ll admit it, I was spoiled. We could go down to the fisherman’s co-op and buy seafood right off the boat or get lobster from tanks at lobstermen’s homes. And it was amazing. Now here in Brooklyn, I wouldn’t exactly trust the quality of the water but most of the shrimp around here comes fresh frozen from Maine anyways.
What I LOVE about this and all one pan recipes is how quickly a great meal can come together. And especially with shrimp! OMG they cook so fast, I love it on a hectic weeknight! It gives me more time to get caught up on my other projects….or watching American Ninja Warrior, you know, whatever comes first.
One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta
One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta is an easy way to change up your favorite shrimp dish! Easy, quick and perfect for summer!
- 1 Pound Raw Shrimp Deveined and Peeled
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 8 Oz Seafood Stock or Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 8 Oz Linguine
- In a large skillet, cook shrimp in olive oil on medium-high heat. Season with garlic, red pepper, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimp for several minutes on each side or until pink in color. When done, remove from skillet.
- Add stock and water to pan and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until liquid is fully absorbed and pasta is cooked to taste. Return shrimp to pan and mix into pasta. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!