OK let’s start the week off right with another on pan wonder! This week let’s go for rigatoni with spicy Italian sausage. This one was soooo good and such a breeze to make. I know winter is winding down, but it’s still fairly chilly and rigatoni is the perfect comfort food for this weather. I’m all for warmer weather, though this delicious food is more than welcome to stay!
Aren’t homemade sauces the best? I find that they pack so much more flavor than canned sauces and it’s often cheaper to make. A can of crushed tomatoes and some seasonings is often all that you need. And pasta…pasta is just amazing 😀
One Pan Sausage Rigatoni
- 8 Oz Rigatoni Pasta
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Pound Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 28 Oz Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- Cook pasta for 10-11 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain, then toss with oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Break up any large pieces of meat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, spinach, basil and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted and onions cooked through.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Enjoy!