Ok I’ll admit it….I am a Chopped addict and I have been binge watching it on Netflix recently. There. I finally said it. I was watching an episode where the chefs had to use food scraps in their meals and one of the ingredients was parmesan cheese rinds. And that’s when the lightbulb went off in my head. I’ve had some parmesan cheese in my fridge for a while and it was mostly rind…..I should totally make a meal with that! And I did, and it was AMAZING! Introducing my One Pan Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Linguine!
Who doesn’t like a cheesy creamy pasta? Now add an intense parmesan flavor. Now we’re talking. Adding that rind in added a lot more flavor to the liquid when I was cooking the pasta. And it’s a part of food that I would normally waste so it felt good using it instead of just tossing it in the trash.
It’s starting to get super warm here in Brooklyn and it’s making me want to go on vacation to the beach in Maine. We don’t have any vacations planned for this summer because we already went to Disney this year and I took half of the month of May off of work for traveling, but hopefully we’ll get to the beach at least for a long weekend. It’s just not summer without a trip there!
One Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Linguine
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 8 Oz Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese and Rind
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 8 Oz Linguine
- 4 Cups Spinach
- Pat dry chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan on high and pour vegetable oil in pan. Place chicken skin side down in pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and flip chicken. Cook until fully cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain excess oil. Put garlic in pan and cook until soft.
- Stir in chicken stock, cream and water and bring to a simmer. Mix in parmesan cheese and cheese rind. Whisk in flour.
- Add seasonings and add in pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove parmesan rind. Add spinach and cook for several minutes or until wilted. Return chicken to pan and enjoy!