Brownies are and always should be ooey, gooey and chocolatey. If any of those adjectives are missing, it’s not a good brownie. But if you add anything to it to enhance those descriptions, it becomes a super brownie. Nutella Cheesecake Brownies certainly fall into the super brownie category with all of their chocolatey gooeyness. And OMG they are SO worth the calories!
The idea for these brownies came from a coworker of mine who showed me a video of Nutella brownies. But of course that had to be one upped and made into a cheesecake Nutella brownie. Anything with Nutella tastes delicious, but you just can’t mess with cheesecake either. It’s one of the original brownie mix ins! And it might seem crazy but I just tried this for the first time: put salt on top of your brownie. It’s kind of weird, but absolutely delicious. It’s enough to give it a subtle pop! You may think I’m weird for doing this, but bear with me and give it a try!
Brownies can be enjoyed so many different ways. My favorite is with a glass of milk or warmed up with a scoop of ice cream. Tai and I went out to eat recently and we actually splurged and got dessert, which is rare for us. Almost as rare as us going out to dinner in the first place. I ordered a brownie with vanilla ice cream and it was delicious! There’s a reason why it’s a classic and why it’s popularity will never die!
This is my first time baking with Nutella and I was impressed by how well it incorporated into the brownie mixture. And I’m also impressed that I didn’t eat the whole jar of Nutella with a spoon….by myself. I’m just saying that Nutella is dangerous on it’s own and when it’s made into brownie form, it becomes all the more dangerous. Well for diets that it 😉
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated. Beat in nutella until creamy. Then fold in flour and salt until completely mixed.
- In a separate bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread brownie mix into the prepared pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl the cream cheese and brownie mixtures together.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges have set. Top with sea salt and enjoy!