I’m not sure about you but I am so excited and ready for Spring to finally be here. Minus still being sleepy from changing the clocks, I’m ready to get outside and really enjoy the spring weather. One of my favorite holidays is coming up too, Easter. Even though I’ve grown out of easter egg hunts and the Easter Bunny, i still love this Holiday for the food. There’s something about this being a spring holiday that makes the food better because we get to make all the fresh spring vegetables and lamb. This year I’m really happy to be sharing my recipe for my Mediterranean Puff Pastry Tart made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets.
- Puff Pastry is so simple to use and it becomes flaky and delicious when baked. Here are some tips to make it amazing!
- Thaw on the counter or in the fridge until the dough is pliable. Once thawed you can easily roll it out, cut it and make whatever you like!
- To quick thaw in the microwave, remove 1 pastry sheet from the box and outer wrapping and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds. Turn the pastry sheet over. Microwave for another 15 seconds. If pastry doesn’t unfold easily, microwave for another 5 seconds on each side.
- Brush dough with an egg wash to get a beautiful golden color when baked
- Brush dough with egg wash and then top with your favorite seasonings. Sea salt, sparkling sugar, sesame seeds, cinnamon sugar, are all great on top
- Don’t overheat the dough before baking. This will melt the butter and result in a soggy mess instead of flaky layers
- Use for both savory and sweet dishes!
When I made this recipe I had my mother and sister in mind. They both LOVE artichokes and we’d always joke about going out to eat to just order the appetizers. This Mediterranean Puff Pastry Tart is definitely filling and checks off all of the boxes of what I want an appetizer to be. Add to it that Puff Pastry is quick to make, and you have the perfect appetizer ready to go in an instant.
If you’d like to learn more about Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, be sure to check out their website here. Like the recipe? Let me know in the comments section below about your favorite recipes made with Puff Pastry.
Mediterranean Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 Egg
- 1 4Oz Can Artichokes
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- 6 Lemon Slices Sliced very thin
- Preheat oven to 425
- Thaw Puff Pastry as per box instructions. Roll out into a large rectangle and place on a lined baking sheet. Using a butter knife, make a crease in the dough around the border (leaving about 1 1/2 inch edge)
- Brush dough with egg wash.
- Mix together artichokes, feta cheese, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Spread out evenly on puff pastry dough. Place lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden and dough is cooked through in the center. Serve immediately and enjoy!