Loaded Bacon Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes are a favorite recipe of my boyfriend’s. Needless to say this recipe was a hit in our family!
Loaded Bacon Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes have been a favorite of mine since childhood. I remember getting twice baked potatoes on only two types of occasions. The first whenever we got Omaha Steaks from a vendor for my Dad’s business. Those came frozen and we would save them to have a fancy family dinner every so often. The only other time we would get twice baked potatoes is when my Aunt Cindy would bring them to holiday meals. Hers were awesome and traveled well from their home in Connecticut to our house in New Hampshire. Twice baked potatoes are great for preparing in advance. You can make and assemble everything, then put them in the refrigerator or freezer until you want them. Pop them into the oven to heat and melt the cheese, and you’re good to go!
We made these twice baked potatoes super loaded with sour cream, cheese,seasoning and lots of BACON! If you’re going to have these, why not go all out? Honestly, you could fill them with whatever mix ins you’d prefer, Tai and I just prefer the over the top fillings. But hey, aren’t those the tastiest? I mean if restaurants like Chili’s or TGI Fridays can have these on their menus, why can’t it be on our dinner menu?
If you’ve never had a twice baked potato, you’re in for a treat. Imagine fluffy mashed potatoes mixed with the most delicious toppings in a potato skin shell. Good, that’s what we’re working with here. And doesn’t it sound delicious? These go great with steak, ribs, pork chops….or just any savory meat based meal. Substitute any time you’d have mashed potatoes as a side with these and you’ll be happy.
Do you have any favorite mix ins for your twice baked potatoes? Let me know in the comments section below and make sure to save or bookmark this page to make them!
Loaded Bacon Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 Cup Bacon Bits Tip: Fry your own bacon in advance and shred it
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes or until soft. Let cool completely.
- Slice potatoes in half. Scoop out the interior and leave a wall of potatoe around the skin. Place scooped out potato in a large mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add butter and mash until smooth and fluffy. Stir in bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spoon into the potato skins and top with additional cheese if desired. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted. Enjoy!