Have you ever gone out to eat at a restaurant, got a “meh” dish and thought to yourself “Wow, I could make this at home and make it better”? This happened to me this past weekend when I was in Massachusetts for my sister’s college graduation. We went out to dinner the night before graduation and I ordered a gnocchi with gorgonzola cream sauce.
When I returned home I was dead set on recreating this dish and making it better. And I think that I nailed it. Tai was super impressed and needless to say we ate all of it…in one sitting 😉
If you’d like to make your own gnocchi, check out this recipe I made a few months ago that has step by step photos. If you choose to use pre-made gnocchi, I like the Trader Joe’s brand.
I’m currently in Salt Lake City for the Everything Food Conference and am beyond excited because this is my first foodie conference. And I’m kind of nervous because I’m still a newbie blogger and there are some food blogging celebs who will be attending. Will I have a fan girl moment? Well we will just have to wait and see.
I LOVE gnocchi and have made several other recipes. Check them out here:
Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 16 Oz Gnocchi pre-made or fresh
- 8 Oz Cream
- 8 Oz Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cloves Grated Garlic
- 2 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 3/4 Cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- Chives Optional Garnish
- Prepare gnocchi as desired. If using pre-made Gnocchi, boil in water while sauce is cooking.
- Pour cream and chicken stock in a medium sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- In a small frying pan melt butter. Stir in flour and cook until mixture has turned tan and has a nutty aroma. Stir into the cream mixture, making sure to remove all lumps.
- Stir in garlic and mustard. Crumble gorgonzola cheese into small pieces and add to the sauce. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce on top of gnocchi. Top with chives and enjoy!