Holiday meals are centered around that one main dish. But I’d try to argue that there is a food in a supporting role that is not just equally important, but maybe even better than the main dish. And that is the bread or roll. I’ve partnered with Great Midwest Cheeses to make delicious Garlic Cheddar Flaky Biscuits with their Cranberry Cheddar cheese for the perfect Thanksgiving side.
I loved using Great Midwest Cheeses because their Cheddar Cheese if full of flavor and I loved that it was seasonal and made with cranberries. There’s also several other flavors and I’m definitely partial to Mango Fire Cheddar too.
Garlic Cheddar Flaky Biscuits
Garlic Cheddar Flaky Biscuits are the perfect side to your holiday meal. Easy to make, these flaky treats are best served warm!
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Butter Diced
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 3/4 Cup Milk plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together flour, salt, garlic powder and baking powder.
- Cut butter into flour mixture, using a dough blender and until the mixture has a sandy pea like consistency.
- Stir in cheese and milk, incorporating and dry bits until dough is just mixed.
- Dump biscuit dough onto a floured surface. Knead dough a few times, then roll out until dough is 1/2 inch thick. Use a circle cutter and cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet. Back for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.