There is no better dessert than an Oreo cookie. I lived off of double stuffed Oreos while in college. I always had a box in my apartment to munch on before a midterm or project due date. When you start eating Oreos, you can’t have “just one.” Oh no, you eat until the whole sleeve is gone. I didn’t think Oreo cookies could get any better until I made an Easy No Bake Oreo Cream Tart as a dessert. And it was SOOOOO much better!
My experience with no bake desserts up until this point had been the cheap cheesecakes made of powdered cream cheese substitute and jello. And while both of those had their own merits, it did not make me a raving fan of no bake desserts. Fast forward 15 years and my oven is full but I need a dessert when we had some guests over. I was definitely forced into learning quickly that no bake desserts are awesome and wished I thought of this sooner!
I’ve often spoken about how my grandmother would always prefer her desserts: chocolate on top of chocolate. I’d like to think that this was a combination of or two favorites; her chocolate and my oreo. If she was still here, I know she would be the first to comment on the photos and ask for a slice! I definitely see where my sweet tooth comes from.
I adapted this recipe from one of those viral Tastemade videos. Honestly the first attempt at making this came out as a rock solid hunk of chocolate with some oreos in it. Not bad, but not easy to eat. I’ve modified it to be less solid and adjusted the flavors a bit too to bring out the creaminess and to add a good balance of chocolate/vanilla. Especially with baking, I like trying new recipes, then adjusting them to my preference and making them my own.
I’m in love with this Easy No Bake Oreo Cream Tart, please let me know if you try it! I’d love some feedback!!
Easy No Bake Oreo Cream Tart
- 300 Grams Crushed Graham Crackers
- 150 Grams Melted Butter
- 150 Grams Chopped Oreos
- 400 Grams Dark Chocolate
- 200 Ml Heavy Cream
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine melted butter and crushed graham crackers and press into the bottom of a tart pan. Chill in fridge for 20 min to set.
- While crust is chilling, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Divide oreos and stir in 3/4 of the chopped oreos into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into the pan and spread to cover the bottom.
- Top mixture with the remaining oreos and place in fridge to chill and set for several hours or overnight. Enjoy!
If you LOVE chocolate as much as I do, Make sure to check out my Guinness Double Chocolate Brownies!