I’m a bit late writing this post because Tai and I got sucked into watching the Oscars. For someone who doesn’t care much about award shows, he guessed almost every win correctly! I think i’ll have to take him to vegas with me next time as my good luck charm! The other night we made this Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi that was garlicky and awesome. We are now fully vaccinated against vampires and had full bellies.
We don’t eat a lot of seafood because Tai has some allergies to it, which means that when I make it, it usually all goes to me. I’m not going to complain too loudly though because I LOVE seafood. Growing up in New England has spoiled me though. I’m used to freshly caught seafood in the summer. If you’ve never eaten seafood caught the same day, it’s a huge difference. The taste is fresher and much more vibrant. Frozen seafood has it’s perks, such as being available everywhere, so I won’t diss it too much 😉
I’ve been wanting to make a recipe for Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi for a while now. It’s something I would usually order off of a menu at a restaurant. But here’s the thing, it’s deceptively simple to make at home and very quick to make too! A lot of seafood, especially shrimp, are easy and quick to cook. Afraid of defrosting frozen seafood? A 20 minute bath in cold water will usually do the trick! Afraid of shelling or deveining? Most stores have ready to eat shrimp in the freezer section as well as shell on varieties.
The other perk of cooking seafood at home? Your cat will go bonkers for it! Ok wait, that’s not a perk, just something my kitten Arya did. She just learned how to jump up onto our counter and LOVES exploring what we are cooking. She’s excited by everything she finds. On the other hand I’m less than thrilled. She usually doesn’t get into anything, but she’ll sit in the sink and wait for me to turn the water on because she’s a weirdo and actually likes water. I knew Siberian cats were different but it cracks me up that she’s a total weirdo.
We have a busy week ahead of us but the recipes will keep coming! We’ve been cooking, shooting and tasting all these great recipes that will be coming to you soon (ok I did all of the actual work, Tai is just the taste tester 😉 ). But I wanted to start the week off with one of my recent favorites, so please enoy this recipe for Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi!
Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 1 Pound Linguine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots Minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pound Shrimp
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese Grated, to taste
- Cook linguine in salted water by package instructions. Drain, toss with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on a medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until shallots are translucent and softened.
- Add shrimp and cook several minutes per a side or until shrimp is completely pink. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Add wine, lemon juice and butter. Cook until butter has melted and mixture has come to a boil. Return shrimp to pan with parsley and pasta and toss to coat. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!