In the season of picnics, BBQs and potlucks, there is one dish that often goes ignored and underutilized; The potato salad. How often do you go to a cookout and see a sad potato salad made of just potatoes and mayonnaise, sitting neglected on a picnic table in the sun? Too often, or rather every cookout I’ve ever been to. And I’ve admit that I’ve never been a huge fan of mayo based “salads” BUT I am now with this Dill Pickle Red Potato Salad.
You see what I had disliked about potato salad before was that there was usually no seasoning other than mayo, which can be a little too much when it gets super hot out. What I like about this recipe is that it adds a unique flavour and a great crunch thanks to the dill pickles. Who would have thought, dill pickles in a potato salad? I know I sound crazy, but TRUST ME, it’s totally a thing.
And Tai can also tell you that this salad makes for a great sandwich too! I packed that as his lunch for a few days in a row and he kept asking for it! I know it’s an awesome dish when he asks for it more than once!! So foodies, what occasion will you make this for?
Dill pickle Red Potato Salad
Dill pickle Red Potato Salad is THE salad to bring to your next picnic or BBQ. Tasty, tangy and with a unique twist, you'll love this salad!
- 3 Pounds Red Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Scallions
- 3 Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- In a large pot, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Let cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be pierced by a fork. Drain and let cool.
- Cit potatoes into medium- sized chunks and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cream, mustard and salt. Pour over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add scallions, dill pickle relish, parsley and pepper and mix until fully combined.