I love Holiday meals. I love that they center around the food and that there is more than you could possibly finish in a day. But after a while, what do you do with all of the leftovers? I’ve become very good at repurposing them so that I use them up before having to throw them out. My recipe for Creamy Leftover Ham Tortellini uses leftover ham in a delicious creamy pasta. It’s super quick to make and freezes well. You could even double the recipe to make an extra large portion and freeze some for easy meals later on. This is the type of recipe that gets a lot of mileage.
This recipe uses ingredients that you will most likely already have in your pantry. Frozen tortellini, frozen peas, flour, milk, shredded cheese, chicken broth, and some seasoning. Have that in your kitchen? I almost always do! Who knows when I bought those frozen peas, but if I can get them out of the freezer than Yay!!
4 Ways to Use Leftover Ham
- Leftover Ham & Cheese Crescent Rolls. Recipe HERE
- Leftover Ham and Potato Soup. Recipe HERE
- Leftover Ham and Pineapple Bites. Recipe HERE
- Leftover Ham Mac and Cheese. Recipe HERE
- Do you have one? Let me know in the comments section below!
When I was growing up, we never usually had ham except for a few occasions. Christmas Eve was always a ham dinner (and one my grandmother usually burnt) and on Christmas we’d use the leftovers as a snack before dinner. On weeknights for a quick meal my Mom would make ham steak with baked beans and brown bread. It was a delicious meal that my sister and I always lover. My Dad however was not a fan. And to those of you who are wary, bread from a can tastes delicious with a pat of butter!
Remember to bookmark this page and share your favorite leftover ham recipes with me in the comments section below! I’d love to hear about how you use up leftovers!
Jump to Recipe
Creamy Leftover Ham Tortellini
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Ham Diced
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 9 Oz Tortellini
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add ham and cook until heated through.
- Add chicken broth and tortellini. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add peas and stir in cream and cheese. Mix in cheese until fully melted. Enjoy!