Asparagus was always one of those vegetables that I would avoid growing up and I’m not sure why because I really love it now. But as a kid you look at it and see that it’s weird, it’s shaped differently, it makes your pee smell and anything that’s in the realm of weird, you just want to avoid. So I think that’s why I waited on trying asparagus for so long and I can give my parents credit for trying because I feel like I lost out on some really good vegetable time when I was a kid. Now that I love eating vegetables, I made a Creamy Herbed Ricotta and Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart that I will eat no matter how weird asparagus is!
I only started baking and cooking with asparagus recently but it’s something that I really enjoy because it’s so quick, easy and you can season it in many different ways. With this asparagus tart the base of it is still asparagus but it has this really great creamy herbed ricotta cheese underneath that really pairs well with asparagus. And it’s beautiful springtime appetizer. I like cooking with the seasons and asparagus is definitely what I’m making all spring long.
I like easy appetizers because if you have company coming over and are pressed for time, just throw it together put it in the oven and it’s done. I like using the frozen puff pastry because it just makes life so much easier we can just talk to another in and know that you’re gonna have something elation 20 minutes this is definitely a farmers market meal or a appetizer because it’s using all fresh spring ingredients
I’ve only recently started going back to the farmers market because in the summer it’s amazing but in the winter because there’s not as much produce. It’s really small and it’s it’s not as worth going to because of the lack of vendors. Right now it’s really one of the best times to head back there because all the new spring vegetables are coming up and they’re mixing in new varieties as well. The market for something I always look forward to for both recipe inspiration and so that I can shop local produce. This Creamy Herbed Ricotta and Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart would not have been possible without it!
Please let me know if you made my Creamy Herbed Ricotta and Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart, I’d love to hear what you thought of it!
Creamy Herbed Ricotta and Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 1/2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Thyme Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 Pound Asparagus Trimmed
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400. Let pastry thaw, then roll out on parchment paper. Score a box shape around the edge of the pastry.
- Combine ricotta, egg, parsley, thyme and rosemary. Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread onto the puff pastry within the center and not going over the scored edges.
- Lay asparagus on top of the ricotta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush pastry with an egg wash.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry has puffed up significantly and has turned golden.
- Remove and let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
Like Asparagus? Be sure to check out my Browned Butter Parmesan Asparagus HERE