There are few dinners so good that you want to lick your bowl after finishing the meal. Creamy Dutch Oven Beef Stroganoff was definitely one of those meals and I’m happy it’s a fairly easy to make meal because I know i’ll be making it often!
Tender juicy beef with onions, mushrooms and tender noodles with a delicious sauce? Yes it is delicious and is definitely something you should make asap. I made this in my dutch oven and did all of my cooking in one pot (minus boiling the noodles). This recipe needs to be made in one pan because so much of the flavor comes from the sautéing of the onions and mushrooms, the browning of the beef and then deglazing the pan with stock to create an absolutely delicious sauce. It’s not too hard to make a good meal, but one that’s this good is much harder to come by.
I have to admit, today I was stress cooking a lot. It’s Super Bowl Sunday and one of the perks of being on the west coast is having the game start at 3 and ending at 7, meaning that when your team and the best friggen quarter back ever doesn’t win, you can cook and bake the pain away. I think i did something like 5 recipes in one night. At least my anger was channeled in one of the most productive ways!
I have no doubt that the Pats will be back with a vengeance next year. They lost due to the same problem that they’ve had this whole season, a weak defense. And it goes without saying if you watched the game, this game was an offense game. Both teams, both QBs were very well matched in offense, we just had a slight hole in our defense and the Eagles very wisely took advantage of it. Hopefully with Patricia gone next season there will be a shakeup in out defense. Super Bowl 2019 anyone? See ya there next year Detroit 😉
We didn’t do much for the big game, just some chips and guac. After hosting a party last year, it was nice to have a low key day and be able to enjoy the beautiful weather. Sorry NYC, the California weather is definitely agreeing with us!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments section below! I love hearing from you!
Creamy Dutch Oven Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 Pounds Beef Tenderloin Sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- Garlic Powder
- 8 Oz White Mushrooms
- 2 Onions Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
- 3 Cups Cooked Egg Noodles
- Heat the dutch oven on medium-high heat. Combine mushrooms, onions, garlic and butter. Cook until onions have softened and then remove mic from pan and set aside.
- Add beef to pan and cook until browned on all sides. Add 1 cup of broth and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Create a slurry of broth and flour, add to pot. Mix in onion medley, Worcestershire sauce and sour cream. Cook uncovered for several minutes or until mixture thickens
- Serve warm over egg noodles and enjoy!