Living in NYC I am privileged to witness many new and upcoming food trends. From Fro-Yo way back when, to over the top milkshakes, to edible cookie dough, if it’s a new trend it will make its mark on NYC. I recently was asked by S.Pellegrino to feature a trend and create a recipe and one of my new favorite trends is cereal. I know, CEREAL. But these Cornflake Marshmallow White Chocolate Cookies will definitely prove that this trend is here to stay.
So why cereal? We’ve had it for breakfast only for years but now it’s making its mark as a quirky flavor combination and addition to desserts. From Master Chef judge Christina Tosi featuring cereal milk and cornflake cookies (the inspiration for THIS recipe) at Milk Bar to Burger King having cereal milk shakes, it’s clear that this trend is coming up fast!
I’m excited to work with S.Pellegrino with this recipe for Cornflake Marshmallow White Chocolate Cookies because they recently launched a Taste Guide which showcases the culinary trends in various US cities through the eyes of chefs and influencers. Make sure to check it out HERE. As this summer is starting to heat up, I’m planning a road trip and can’t wait to use this guide to introduce me to cuisines and hot spots during my travels!
I’m guessing you might still be wary of the cereal trend but fear not! After all, you’ve been eating cereal for most of your life probably! I liked using it in cookies because it added a great texture and crunch. I used a plain cornflake type cereal which tasted great with the mini marshmallows and white chocolate. Corn + white chocolate = heaven!
Cornflake Marshmallow White Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cornflake Cereal Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Mini Marshmallows Baking
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir together until just combined.
- Fold in cornflakes, marshmallows and white chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls about 2 tbsp in size and spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges have set and begins to turn golden. Cool on baking sheet, then enjoy!