Are you ready for some FOOTBALLLLLL FOOD?!? I am! Last night Tai and I were watching the game (Go Pats!) and I decided to throw together a Mexican dip. I had never made one before but knew what it had to be: Cheesy, creamy and meaty. The typical football messy appetizer. And you know what? It was a great little experiment so much so that I made him wait and took pictures of it first! I guess there are some downsides to dating a blogger, like having to wait for your Cheesy Mexican Dip. But hey, at least there was Cheesy Mexican Dip to begin with 😉
We are beyond thrilled with the Patriots this year. We can’t believe Brady is now the most winning quarterback in history! Does it feel weird to be such a big New England sports fan living in NYC? Yes, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
This dip is prefect for your party, game, tailgate or any celebration that needs a delicious and cheesy dip. Honestly I’ll probably make this again soon as a “just because” meal because it was so easy and so good. But I’m biased, I love absolutely all Mexican food. From Chipotle to the hole in the wall place down the street from my apartment. ALL is delicious in my eyes.
Which team do you root for? What are your favorite game day snacks? Let me know in the comments section below!
Cheesy Mexican Dip
- 1/2 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 Tbsp Diced Green Chile
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 8 Oz Shredded Taco Blend Cheese cheddar is fine too
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat a medium sized skillet on medium-high. Add ground beef and cook until completely browned and in small chunks. Drain fat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until onions have softened. Stir in jalapeños and chiles.
- Mix in cream cheese. Then add seasonings: chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Transfer dip to an 8-inch round pan (or similar). Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 375. Bring heat up to 425 for 5 minutes to brown the top. Dip will be fully cooked when cheese has melted and center is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve with avocado, sour cream, salsa and chips. Enjoy!