Although summer is winding down it’s heating up with my Cajun Spice Pasta Salad. I know you’re probably searching for that last minute dish for Labor Day, a picnic, a barbecue, a potluck, and I can tell you, THIS is your dish!
From start to finish this dish takes only 25 minutes to make! That’s fast enough to still have time for laundry, helping with homework and whatever else you need to get done. And the taste is great!
I went to New Orleans this past spring and fell in love with the culture and food. It’s so different than cooking in the northeast and little by little I’ve been trying to bring some cajun influence into my cooking.
Do you think Emeril would be proud?
Cajun Spice Pasta Salad
- 16 Oz Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1 1/4 Tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and toss in olive oil.
- Mix in mayonnaise, onion and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine spices. Then stir into pasta salad.
- Refrigerate for 2+ hours or until cold, then serve. Enjoy!