Last weekend at the farmer’s market, one of the flower vendors had some terrific looking blackberries for sale. And they were a steal! I bought so many of them that i didn’t know what exactly to do with my haul. Tai suggested I do a dessert and after some quick brainstorming, we came up with a blackberry cheesecake!
It tasted amazing (though very messy to eat)! We had a lot of it and were planning on bringing it into work…but let’s just say it never made it past our kitchen.
Remember to like my Facebook page!
- 18 Graham Crackers
- 10 Tbsp Butter
- 2 8oz Cream Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 6 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Blackberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350. Place graham crackers in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or mallet to crush.
- Melt butter and combine with the crushed graham crackers. Press into a 15 X 10 baking pan. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside to cool. For easy removal, line the pan with aluminum foil first.
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and sour cream, then lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla. Spread batter over crust.
- Bake cheesecake at 350 until slightly puffed and set in center, about 40 minutes; cool completely in pan on rack. Chill cheesecake until cold, about 2 hours.
- Add the blackberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the juices thicken, about 4 to 5 minutes. (Mine was a little too thin, so make sure yours is thickened!)
- Add cornstarch to the berries and boil for another minute. Let berries cool completely, then spread over cheesecake. Let chill in fridge until completely cold and enjoy!