There are few recipes that I make that I’m craving to make again afterwards. I had been putting Beef Ragu on my recipes ideas list for a while and finally decided to make it after I saw some good beef on sale. And now I’m kicking myself because it was so darn good I want to make it again ASAP. This Beef Ragu recipe was phenomenal. I made a Beef Ragu with Pappardelle and it was perfection.
This Beef Ragu recipe is a perfect example of set it and forget it for a few hours. I browned the beef and added the tomatoes and seasonings and into the oven it went! A few hours later I checked on it and the beef was falling apart and so so so juicy. I served this with pappardelle pasta but honestly it could go with a lot of things. Tai even made a Beef Ragu sandwich (think along the lines of a pulled pork sandwich) and said it was delicious. This was definitely a recipe up his alley.
Beef Ragu: Slow is the way to go
- For the best results cook in a dutch oven, slow cooker or an instant pot
- Cooking in a closed environment traps the juices and helps tenderize the meat
- For slow cooker: cook for 6 hours on high or 7-8 on low
- For Instant Pot cook 45 minutes on manual
I made this in my trusty dutch oven but this is a perfect crock pot recipe to make when I’m busy and it can just cook while I’m at work. My only concern is that the cat might try to get into it because she doesn’t understand that cooking = heat yet -_- One day she’ll learn, I’m just hoping that she doesn’t learn the hard way. Even today she tried to jump into the oven when I was cooking pizza at 425 degrees! Good thing I caught her mid jump!!!
If you like this recipe make sure to bookmark it and share it on social media. I’d love to hear your thoughts, let me know in the comments section below 😀
Like this recipe? Try these!
Beef Ragu with Pappardelle
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 8 Garlic Cloves Smashed
- 1 1/2 Pounds Flank Steak
- 28 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Pound Pappardelle Pasta
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat up oil in a large dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until browned. Add meat, season with salt and pepper, and brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, carrot, bay leaves, thyme, and sugar. Stir until combined
- Cook for 2-3 hours or until meat is very tender. Shred meat with two forks until it has the proper consistency desired. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pappardelle according to package instructions and combine with beef ragu. Enjoy!