Nothing says summer more than a delicious barbecue something or other. And Tai and I LOVE some good barbecue. I think he puts barbecue sauce on everything, from pizza to pasta, he can’t get enough. But to be realistic,we live in Brooklyn so having the space to easily have a BBQ is almost impossible. I made these Basil Garlic BBQ Baked Chicken Wings with Dorot Chopped Basil and Dorot Crushed Garlic and baked them in the oven. Let me tell you, this recipe was delicious and perfect for BBQ fans who don’t have the space for a grill.
I like using Dorot because it makes a lot of tedious kitchen prep really easy. There’s no more garlic sticking to you knife and making your fingers smell or trying to finely chop basil and not having a sharp enough knife. Dorot comes as premade frozen tablets that are easy to add to dishes. Dorot is widely available. I found mine at my local Trader Joe’s but they are also found at Whole Foods, Shop-Rite, Kroger and many other locations.
These chicken wings are the perfect savory sweet combo. Basil isn’t commonly used in BBQ, but I really like how this herb can be prepared in both savory and sweet preparations. and if you don’t believe me, just try it once! Tai wasn’t a huge believer but devoured those chicken wings right away. The proof is in the leftovers, as in if there are none, that recipe is a hit!
If you’re interested in using Dorot products, please check out their website HERE. I can tell you that it really does make cooking easier!!
Basil Garlic BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
- 8 Chicken Wings
- 3 Dorot Chopped Basil Tablets
- 2 Dorot Crushed Garlic Tablets
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- Defrost Dorot garlic and basil in the microwave. Stir in honey. Place chicken in large ziploc bag and pour basil mixture over wings. Close bag and toss chicken to coat.
- Let chicken marinate from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag and place on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and coat with BBQ Sauce.
- Turn Broiler on high and bake chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool slightly, then enjoy!