Who doesn’t like cake!?! I rarely make it (because I end up eating all of it…by myself), but man is it good! When I was growing up we had to have cake at every holiday and family function. My grandmother almost demanded it, and maintained that it didn’t count unless the cake was chocolate. Well for Easter this year I made my own cake, and yes it’s chocolate…but with a twist! I made a White chocolate Marmalade Cake and it was perfection.
This cake is made with marmalade and has THE BEST orangy taste and aroma. Talk about mouth watering! Top that with some white chocolate buttercream, and we’re in business! I originally created this recipe and decorated a cake for my friend SKC (Check out Some Girls Metal) but I loved the outcome so much that I created a second cake all for myself. And Tai (he’s a cake lover too!).
This cake is light, airy and fragrant. It’s perfect for spring and can be used for all sorts of occasions. Once again, I brought the cake into work after I shot it and it was DEVOURED! That’s a real good sign that the recipe is a hit. So you should try it, you won’t regret it!
White chocolate Marmalade Cake
White chocolate Marmalade Cake is a delicious and flavorful cake!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2¾ Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Marmalade
- 1 Tsp Orange Extract
- 2 Sticks of Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 8 inch cake pans. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, marmalade, orange extract and sour cream and mix until blended.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry mixture to the wet in small batches until completely combined. Spoon into baking dish, making sure it's evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 220-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate on a double boiler or in microwave. Cream together butter and vanilla. Add melted chocolate and cream. Add powdered sugar in small batches, combining fully each time. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until consistency is reached.
- Level cakes and trim any uneven edges. Spread buttercream over one cake, then place the the second cake on top. Cover with buttercream and garnish with orange zest. Let set, then enjoy!