Happy “almost” Valentine’s Day! This year I made a reservation at a french restaurant for our Valentine’s Day dinner and I’m SO looking forward to it. Tai and I rarely go out to eat dinner, mainly because I’m cooking for the blog and because it’s so darn expensive to go out in NYC. But Valentine’s Day is definitely a must. I’m not sure what else we might be doing, but as of right now we might also go see the new Deadpool movie (which is a very unromantic movie to see…but so nerdy that it definitely suits us!).
I made Lavender Shortbread Cookies before and those were tasty but they are no where near as awesome as these cookies! White chocolate is SUCH a great combination with lavender that it makes this cookie go from yum to YUUUUMMMMM.
Culinary lavender is a little hard to find, but most health food stores will have it and a lot of Farmer’s Markets carry it as well. But seriously, the smell of these baking made me think that I was in the lavender fields in Provence. I’ve never actually been, but oh man I can only imagine how amazing it must smell!
White Chocolate Lavender Cookies
White Chocolate Lavender Cookies are a delicious and dainty treat!
- 2 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Culinary Lavender
- 1 - 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in flour in small batches until just combined.
- Stir in lavender and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Form dough into tablespoon side balls and put onto a greased baking sheet (I used a silicone mat). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges turn golden.
- Let cool on a cooling rack, then enjoy!