Recently one of my coworkers told me of this great French dish that was new and amazing. It was a great way to cook summer vegetables he said. It ended up he was talking about a tian, which although nothing new, is something that I had stumbled upon recently and had peaked my interest. So of course I couldn’t stay away and thus I made a Three Cheese Summer Squash Tian. Yum!
What is a tian?
A tian is a type of french baking dish from Provence. Traditionally a “tian” is any food made in that specific dish. Lately it’s been popping up everywhere online as a “new” way to cook vegetables. Well though it’s definitely not new, it is super delicious!
I made my Three Cheese Summer Squash Tian with a mixture of three great italian cheeses; parmesan, mozzarella, and provolone. This gives it an intense cheesiness and a super stretchy cheese. And I can’t even begin to explain how much I LOVE baked bread crumbs on top of cheese. that is by far my favorite part!
This is another great recipe that just screams “SUMMER.” And OMG is it good or what?!!? (Hint: It totally definitely is 😉 )
Three Cheese Summer Squash Tian
Three Cheese Summer Squash Tian is a simple French inspired summer vegetable recipe. Delicious squash, gooey cheese and baked bread crumbs, delish!
- 2 Summer Squash
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 Cup Italian Cheese Blend Parmesan, Mozzarella, Provolone
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice summer squash thinly and arrange on 8 inch round baking pan. Season with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Sprinkle cheese blend on top.
- Spread bread crumbs over top.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until squash is cooked through and cheese had melted. Enjoy!