Last weekend my parents opened up their summer beach house in Maine. But when i say beach house I actually mean a camper parked in a camping resort in coastal Maine. But don’t get me wrong, camping is amazing. I grew up going to the same camping grounds every year. We’d spend the day at the beach, use the pools at the camping ground, grill outside and most importantly eat s’mores around the campfire. It is a tradition after all.
BUT now I live in Brooklyn and the idea of creating a fire to roast s’mores probably won’t go over well with the super in my building. So let’s go with the next best thing, the S’mores Cookie. This will definitely satisfy your s’mores cravings in a residential setting!
Did I mention how gooey they are? They are almost as gooey as the real thing, but with the added bonus of not being charred on the outside from getting to close to the flame (or in my case just being set on fire). And there also no smoke blowing in your face (SUCH an added bonus because I’m asthmatic!).
Hopefully I’ll get up to Maine this summer and be able to make the real thing. I really really REALLY hope so. Last year Tai and I went in July and it was awesome. I’ll never not love southern Maine, it’s my second home (seriously, we would go every weekend growing up!). But at least I have these wonderful cookies to tide me over.
- ¾ Cups Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Flour
- ⅔ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Graham Crackers, Broken into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Beat until fully combined and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Then mix in vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet in small batches. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers.
- Scoop mixture with a table spoon and roll into a ball. Place balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges have set and marshmallows have turned golden. Let cool on a wire rack, then enjoy!