Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken is an easy and flavorful dinner. Made with wonderful spices from Frontier Co-op. This is a sponsored post made possible by Mambo Sprouts and Frontier Co-Op.
A few years ago I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Morocco to visit my sister, who had been studying abroad there. I was absolutely floored by the beauty of the architecture, the small shops in the medina, the ancients cities and of course the food. My sister did not lie when she said that Moroccan food was amazing. The spices were so strong and flavorful in each dish. I was really excited to work with Frontier Co-op on this post because their flavorful spices remind me of those that I had in Morocco. And thus the Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken was born.
The thing I LOVE about sheet pan meals is how easy they are to prepare. One sheet and done! The less dishes, the better. It’s the type of meal that’s both after a busy day at work and on a cold night. And granted this recipe is not how it would be made in Morocco (there is would probably be made in a tajine or by roasting the chicken) but the flavors are what really connects it.
I really liked working with Frontier Co-op on this post because I truly love their products. All of their spices are sourced from co-ops around the world. The turmeric I used is sourced from a Co-op in Sri Lanka and grown by small farms. In fact Frontier Co-op gave the members of the Co-op $25,000 to build a training center where farmers could learn organic and sustainable growing techniques. And the cracked black pepper I used is carefully selected from the world’s premier black pepper growing regions and carefully ground to give it a cracked feature. I really love the amount of care and pride Frontier Co-op puts into their products.
Other than being an easy to prepare dish, I love the vibrant color the turmeric brings. As weird as it sounds, we eat with our eyes first. What are your favorite spices to cook or bake with? Do you have a favorite Frontier Co-op product? Have you tried moroccan food? Let me know in the comments section below!
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1.5 Tsp Paprika
- 1.5 Tsp Frontier Co-op Organic Turmeric Root Groubd
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp Frontier Co-op Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Grated
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Yellow Onions
- Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 1 Cup Pitted Green Olives
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl combine salt, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, olive oil and butter. Mis together until mixture resembles a paste. Grate the garlic and stir into mixture.
- Slice the lemon into thin slices and arrange on the sheet pan. Peel and cut onions into wedges and arrange on the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and turmeric to taste.
- Pat dry the chicken legs and brush on the spices. Place chicken on top of onions.
- Cook chicken at 425 for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve with couscous and enjoy!