What’s better this time a year other than Pumpkin Pie Oat Bars? But actually what really is better? I’m crazy for all things pumpkin right now and these bars are truly my new favorite. I was looking for new ways to create pumpkin recipes and stumbled upon an oatmeal bar recipe that I had made previously. With a little tweaking and adding of pumpkin, these Pumpkin Pie Oat Bars were born!
I love how these treats have the taste of a pumpkin pie but the crunch and chewy satisfaction of a bar. It is such a good combo! I brought them into work and they were instantly demolished, that’s a sure sign of a hit recipe in my book.
This year I might go home for Thanksgiving. I haven’t been in the past few years but this year I really want to make it home because we now have a car and it will be my birthday on Thanksgiving this year. Having a birthday on a holiday kind of sucks but the really great part of it is that I usually get to see my entire family on my birthday. Oh and there’s the Thanksgiving feast too!
What are you making for Thanksgiving? Any pumpkin recipes?
- 2½ Cups Flour
- 1½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1½ Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1½ Cups Canned Pumpkin
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9X13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Mix in egg, then work in butter until clumps form.
- Press ¾ of the dough into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine canned pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Spread over dough.
- Sprinkle remaining dough on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before cutting, enjoy!