Are you ready for an apple pie, party for one? Well I’ve got you covered with my Puff Pastry Apple Walnut Dumplings! These are seriously the best and super easy and quick to make since they use frozen puff pastry instead of making dough for pie crust.
My mom used to make apple dumplings for my sister and I when we were kids. She would either microwave them or bake them until they were warm and gooey, We’d eat the for breakfast with a dollop of ice cream too! Nothing beats apple pie, and this way you have your own personal sized pie instead of binging on a full sized one.
When making these, I do have one word of caution. Choose the firmest apples or else they will turn into apple mush. I learned the hard way and pulled out a burning pile of apple mush the first time I tested this recipe. Yeah, nope! Not a good one haha!
So if you want to have apple pie for one or maybe individual apple dumplings for guests at thanksgiving, this one is for you! Enjoy!
Puff Pastry Walnut Apple Dumplings
Puff Pastry Apple Walnut Dumplings are a personal sized apple pie! Easy to make and and oh so good to eat! Enjoy with your favorite ice cream!
- 3-4 Firm Apples Such as Granny Smith
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Sheets Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Optional: Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel and core apples.
- Mix together brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets so that they are wide enough to fold over apples. Place apples on top of sheets and spoon walnut mixture into core. Top with butter and pull up corners of puff pastry and twist to seal.
- Beat an egg and brush onto dumplings. Top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry has browned and apples have cooked through (I cooked mine on a foil lined sheet, apples will leak!)
- Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream.