*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own*
I have seen the light. It’s source is something that I have never cooked with up until recently and it is a cast iron pan. I recently started using this one from For The Chef and have been amazed by how the quality of my food has changed. I experimented recently by making Pan Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Maple Vinaigrette and the results were amazing!
Why the pan makes all the difference
My biggest worry before getting into cast iron cooking was the upkeep. I knew that they had to be seasoned and if left uncared for, the pan could rust and become unusable. But what I really like about this pan from For The Chef is that it comes preseasoned. YES! That’s right! It is ready to go as soon as you take it out of the box and it required only a little bit of oil to keep the brussels sprouts from sticking. It’s also a very efficient way to cook. Because this pan is cast iron, the thickness of the bottom of the pan helps to retain heat and heat evenly. Which meant that I was able to get those brussels sprouts nice and crispy!
To finish this dish I made a maple vinaigrette with brown sugar. It tasted amazing with the brussels sprouts and I wish we had some leftover so that I could put it on everything. I firmly believe that mixing salty and sweet is the best flavor combination but it gets even better by adding vegetables (I know, who would have thought that veggies could taste so sweet?).
So have I convinced you to come over to my side and try cast iron? I promise that it is the better side to be on, I mean we get the super tasty food on this side 😉
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Pound Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Real Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Place 6 slices of bacon on a skillet and cook on medium-high until desired doneness. Remove from pan and let rest on a paper towel.
- Remove outer leaves and stems from the brussels sprouts. Cut in half and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Wipe clean the skillet and place the brussels sprouts in the pan. Cook on medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes, and stirring occasionally.
- To make vinaigrette:
- combine all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until brown sugar is completely mixed in and is not separating from the liquids.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the brussels sprouts and enjoy!
*Please note that this is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own*