So I’m just back from a trip to New Orleans with two amazing friends and I have the “Oh no…We have no food!” panic. This is when I get creative and more often than not I create some frankenstein meal that should never be eaten. Sometimes it is just gross. But on the rare occasions that my last minute, panic inducing, need to get some food on the table, I like to share it here. Because it is a proud moment. I didn’t mess anything up!
We had some pancetta hidden in the back, some leftover kale and oh lord do we have a stockpile of dry pasta. Game, set, match. Throw those ingredients together, add some seasoning and you have a great meal.
I’ll make a separate post about my trip to New Orleans but the takeaway is that the food is AHHHHMAZING! Creole cooking might be my new favorite and who know’s, maybe I’ll try to replicate some of it. But as much as I loved my trip, it feels so good to be home and to see Tai again 🙂
…But I’m still going to be listening to Born on the Bayou and watching some True Blood to remind me of NOLA 😉
- ¾ Cup Pancetta
- 1½ Cups Kale
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 8 Oz Linguine
- Place pancetta in a skillet on a medium-high setting and cook until browned.
- Add kale, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cook until kale has wilted and become soft.
- Cook your pasta until it is al dente. I chose linguine, but feel free to choose a different variety.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Mix well and enjoy!