In the season of picnics, BBQs and potlucks, there is one dish that often goes ignored and underutilized; The potato salad. How often do you go to a cookout and see a sad potato salad made of just potatoes and mayonnaise, sitting neglected on a picnic table in the sun? Too often, or rather every cookout I’ve ever been to. And I’ve admit that I’ve never been a huge fan of mayo based “salads” BUT I am now with this Dill Pickle Red Potato Salad.
You see what I had disliked about potato salad before was that there was usually no seasoning other than mayo, which can be a little too much when it gets super hot out. What I like about this recipe is that it adds a unique flavour and a great crunch thanks to the dill pickles. Who would have thought, dill pickles in a potato salad? I know I sound crazy, but TRUST ME, it’s totally a thing.
And Tai can also tell you that this salad makes for a great sandwich too! I packed that as his lunch for a few days in a row and he kept asking for it! I know it’s an awesome dish when he asks for it more than once!! So foodies, what occasion will you make this for?
- 3 Pounds Red Potatoes
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Scallions
- 3 Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- In a large pot, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Let cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be pierced by a fork. Drain and let cool.
- Cit potatoes into medium- sized chunks and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cream, mustard and salt. Pour over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add scallions, dill pickle relish, parsley and pepper and mix until fully combined.