Time to start the week off right! Let’s try a dinner that’s easy, light and soooooo delicious. Yeah I’m talking about my Chicken Caprese Bake! Tai absolutely LOVED this dinner, and I don’t blame him. It was light and tasty and gave us a lot of leftovers for lunch the next day.
I love how the flavors in this dish are so fresh. Using fresh tomatoes and basil made a huge difference. Please try to use fresh ingredients if you can! But if you can’t, I won’t hate you. It just wont taste the same… (ok sorry for the guilt trip 😉 )
So what are your plans for the week? I’m prepping for vacation and I’m so excited because WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!! I haven’t been since I was a teenager and it’s been even longer for Tai. I can barely contain my self…I am beyond excited!!!!
Chicken Caprese Bake
Need a quick and easy meal? Try my Chicken Caprese Bake!
- 1/2 Pound Chicken Breast Cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 8 Oz Farfalle Pasta
- 10-12 Oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook farfalle until it is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, then set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, brown chicken and garlic over medium heat until it begins to color.
- Dump pasta in 8X8 baking dish. Add olive oil, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, basil and water. Mix ingredients until they are dispersed evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese begins to brow on top. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!