Its a crazy weeknight and once again I’m faced with coming home late from work and having to make a meal for Tai and myself. And let me tell you, frozen meals can only go so far before you craze more filling and satisfying foods. Tonight I decided to jazz up some pasta and create my twist on a baked ziti. And it was an awesome cheesy baked pasta!
This dish was very easy and quick to make and oh so good! It reminded me of the food I ate while growing up (my mom makes a mean baked ziti). We are definitely adding this to our week night meal repertoire, and i hope you do as well!
- 12 Oz Uncooked Pasta
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 (28 Oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Basil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic until onion is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Let simmer.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and coat pasta thoroughly with sauce.
- Grease a 13X9 inch baking dish and pour pasta and remaining sauce into it.
- Coat top of pasta with breadcrumbs and cheese. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.