I couldn’t resist the fancy cheese section at Trader Joe’s this weekend and they were also handing out free samples so that didn’t help either. Needless to say I came home with several wonderful cheeses and no plans. But then after a visit to TJ Maxx and a great cheese baking dish later, I decided to make a Pear-Walnut Baked Camembert. Some times things just come together perfectly.
This dish is such a great cold weather appetizer too. The gooey baked cheese will warm you right up and it pairs well with a toasty baguette. The pear and honey add delicious sweet notes and the toasted walnut adds an awesome crunch.
Tai of course loved this dish! I mean he usually likes anything with gooey cheese but he LOVED this one. And maybe I’m bragging a bit because it’s my recipe and fancy new dish and all, but man was this one good.
And here’s another photo. Because I loved this dish and because I got new lights as my christmas present. And with those two things combined, I get a pretty photo out of it 🙂
Pear-Walnut Baked Camembert
Pear-Walnut Baked Camembert is the delicious cheese dish that you need in your life right now! Make for a party or save it all for yourself!
- 1 Wheel of Camembert
- 1/2 a Pear Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Trim top of rind off of the camembert, leaving the sides and bottom intact (younger camembert will have less of an ammonia smell if that bothers you).
- Slice pear and chop walnuts to small bite-sized pieces.
- Place camembert in cheese baking dish or a small shallow pan with sides.
- Arrange pear on top of cheese and drizzle honey on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Place walnuts on a small baking sheet and toast in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove cheese and walnuts from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes or until safe to handle.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of cheese and enjoy with crostini, baguette or carb of your choice!