I think I found someone who has the luck of the Irish. I mean, I have no idea if she even is Irish and I’ve never met her in person to ask. But I do think she has the luck.
I was coming home on NJ transit one night after a very long day at work. I plopped myself down on a seat and looked down to see a cell phone under the seat! Losing a cell phone on public transit is one of my worst nightmares because not only is my life on my phone, but the odds of actually getting a phone back are slim to none.
I asked around the car to see if it was anyones and stuck around the train after it arrived in the station to see if someone would come looking for it. But no luck. BUT THEN somebody messaged the phone! I couldn’t unlock it, but I brought out my inner Facebook stalker and found both the Facebook messager and the owner on FACEBOOK! Can’t believe social media actually was useful.
She later called her phone and we were able to figure out a plan to ship it back to her the following day. I can’t believe it actually worked and she truly has the luck of the Irish on her side!
In honor of St Patrick’s Day I made these chocolate meltaway cookies flavored with Baileys Irish Cream and OMG they were soooooooo delicious! I brought them into work and it created a frenzy! People were super into them!
- ¾ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- For Topping:
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add Baileys, egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and cornstarch.
- In small batches mix dry combo into the wet until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into tablespoon sized balls. Press down to flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges have set. Let cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate either in microwave or on double boiler. Dip cookies into melted chocolate and decorate. Let set, then enjoy!