Tai calls this “the BEST fish he’s ever had!” Considering how most of the fish I’ve made for him has either been charred to death or half frozen/half raw in the center, I think this was a vast improvement. He says it even tops last week’s salmon, which I have to wholeheartedly agree with. Because this salmon was just…perfect. Dare I say “restaurant quality?” Ok Ok…I’m getting ahead of myself here. I need to focus on not burning myself or my food before I can call it restaurant quality. But hey, I’m learning!!
I really like how this recipe utilizes one of the most underused and understood foods: The scallion. Poor guy has been made a garnish for too long. Did you know that if you grill or broil scallions they get this great sweet flavor? It is amazing and I urge you to try it….because omg soooo good!
We are trying to eat healthier after going all out on vacation. We went to Disney World with my family and got a meal plan. If you’re going, get the meal plan! I’m not being paid to say this at all, I was just a very happy customer. It saved us a lot of money and we ate at soooo many restaurants that we never would have tried without it. The food was to die for! But we definitely ate wayyyy to much haha. So hopefully we can keep up this healthy eating trend because summer is approaching fast!
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced Thinly
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Pound Skin On Salmon Filets
- 1 Bunch of Scallions
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- In a mixing bowl combine garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, honey, ginger and sesame seeds. Whisk together until fully blended. Place Salmon in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade on top of filets. Press air out, seal and let sit for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Trim scallions and place in a cast iron pan with a coating of vegetable oil. Broil until lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade and put on top of scallions. Drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the salmon and broil for 5 minutes. Spoon more marinade over and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and slaced scallions, enjoy!